We pride ourselves in having a large community of developers who actively support each other through open dialogue and brain storming. We love to solve problems quickly and elegantly while keeping the codebase maintainable and lean. Though we have grown into a larger company, you will be working on a small, focused team, supporting a handful of important clients. We encourage learning new technologies and how to apply them to our solid foundation, and are always happy to have an impromptu code review. We have a full Quality Assurance team who takes pride in ensuring our sites are bug-free and gives users the best possible experience.
Web Development Culture
We are currently seeking web developers to join our team due to an influx of client work and organic growth. The web development group has positions for full-stack developers at the entry, mid and senior levels. We value a collaborative environment where ideas are valued and exchanged not only through our technology, but together in person, using tools like 50-foot whiteboards, and lots of sticky notes to map out and create sites, apps and tools that help people understand complex information.
What you will do and learn
• Engineer and maintain high traffic, highly visibility sites for the world’s largest financial firms and media outlets. (We received 5 billion hits last month).
• Gain exposure to the stock market and other financial data, while developing applications that present dynamic information from a variety of sources.
• Use proprietary technologies and industry standard best practices to build and deliver high performance web applications for users across the globe.
• Compliment enterprise application sites with both existing and custom jQuery plugins.
• Utilize progressive enhancement techniques to support older browsers, while simultaneously delivering cutting-edge user experience in modern browsers.
• Experience utilizing client-side frameworks like jQuery, jQuery Mobile, and Modernizr
• Ability to develop full-scale applications with C# .NET, or comparable platforms
• Experience with object-oriented principles and development patterns like MVC
• Excellent technical, analytical, and communication skills
• Experience or interest in learning mobile web development a plus
• SVN and/or GIT knowledge preferred
• Demonstrated ability to work and learn independently or as part of a team
• Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
• Salary – Commensurate with experience
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Company paid life insurance
• Matching 401(k)
• Gym reimbursement
• Three weeks paid vacation plus holidays, personal time, sick time and paid volunteer days
• Commuting benefits including paid public transportation (Eco Pass), bike-to-work incentives, in-door bike parking and discounted bike safety gear
Markit On Demand is a design driven technology company based in Boulder, Colorado. We’re part of Markit, a global financial information company that’s headquartered in London. Here in Boulder, where the sun shines 300 days a year, we have a team of 400+ professionals dedicated to the presentation of financial content and data for our clients in the Financial Services, Media and Healthcare industries. On any given day, you might work with a colleague in New York, a retail brokerage in the US, a newspaper in Germany, a bank in Africa, or throw ideas around with an economist in our London office. (And that’s before you meet up with co-workers for a foothills hike or brewery happy hour).
Markit on Demand, Inc. has been in business for almost 20 years. Headquartered at the base of the Rocky Mountains in Boulder, Colorado, Markit On Demand has over 400 employees that are focused on the design, development and hosting of financial web sites, reports, and tools. We deliver innovative, high quality products to help our clients and their customers visualize, manipulate and understand complex financial information. Our compelling, presentation-rich services for financial professionals and individual investors have won acclaim for our clients, many of whom rank at the top of the Gomez and Forbes awards. Our products are custom designed for each client, completely private-labeled, and fully integrated into the client’s other offerings.
Acquired by Markit in 2010, Markit On Demand has entered a promising and exciting business relationship and continues to grow and create new career opportunities for exceptional people who want to awaken their curiosity and strengthen their creative thinking and critical problem solving skills in a demanding, results oriented and client focused work environment. Markit is a leading, global financial information services company with over 2,300 employees. The company provides independent data, valuations and trade processing across all asset classes in order to enhance transparency, reduce risk and improve operational efficiency. Over 1,500 institutions use Markit’s independent services as clients - including investment banks, hedge funds, asset managers,central banks, regulators, rating agencies and insurance companies - providing round-the-clock support from offices in London, New York, Dallas, Toronto, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Singapore, Tokyo, Sydney, Calgary, Vancouver, Boulder, New Delhi, Chicago and Henley on Thames.
Markit On Demand offers a terrific working environment that creates an abundance of opportunities for motivated individuals. We possess a unique and compelling culture that is intellectually stimulating, encourages creativity and recognizes individual and team contribution. We offer a great benefits package including medical with HSA/FSA, dental, vision, 401K with Company Match, vacation and personal days, alternative transportation benefits and there really is an unlimited supply of chocolate!
Salary is based on experience. Markit On Demand is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We respectfully request no agency or recruiter inquiries or candidate submissions.