Markit On Demand (MOD) is seeking a Mobile Quality Assurance Analyst to join our team due to ongoing company growth and product demand. This position is responsible for testing native mobile applications on iOS, Android, and BlackBerry platforms. The Mobile Applications QA Analyst reports to the Mobile Applications QA Team Lead.
The Markit On Demand Quality Assurance Team's mission is to ensure that MOD delivers high quality products to all business owners and clients across the project spectrum. The QA team is responsible for the overall product quality of Markit's deliverables. In conjunction with the Mobile Application Development and Engineering teams, Quality Assurance verifies that projects at the delivery stage are meeting the expected design and functionality standards.
Primary duties include:
• Participate in planning for projects, including requirements review, effort estimates, and test planning for new mobile apps and updates to existing ones.
• Provide manual and automated testing for native iOS, Android and BlackBerry apps developed for the financial industry on phone and tablet. This will include acting as the primary tester on some projects, and helping out or providing backup as needed. Projects range in size from 2 days to 2 months or more of testing, and each tester typically works on multiple projects at a time.
• Work with the QA Team Lead to implement an automation test strategy, with goals of improving efficiency, coverage, and repeatability of testing.
• Report on testing progress, open defects, and project risks.
• Work directly with Team Lead and project management to clarify constantly shifting schedules and priorities. Rebalance testing efforts on a daily basis as needed.
• Work closely with cross-functional teams of project managers, mobile application developers, engineers, and other QA individuals to ensure adequate testing coverage.
• Occasionally help out with web testing on other MOD QA teams experiencing capacity constraints, including desktop browser-based and mobile-responsive (HTML5) websites.
• Occasional evening or weekend work will be needed.
• A minimum of 3 years in Software Quality Assurance, with at least 2 years of experience testing native mobile applications on iOS, Android, and/or BlackBerry.
• Knowledge of and experience with automated testing for mobile applications using an industry-standard tool such as HP UFT/QTP. This should include scripting as well as executing automated tests.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong organizational, planning, and analytical skills.
• The ability to time-manage multiple streams of work simultaneously.
• Experience with test planning and documentation.
• Focus on maximizing test efficiency, effectiveness and coverage through use of testing tools.
• Highly collaborative and team oriented.
• Flexible and resilient. Results driven. Remains positive even during times of stress.
• Knowledge of finance and the financial markets.
• Experience with cloud-based mobile testing platforms such as Perfecto Mobile, Keynote DeviceAnywhere, etc.
• Experience with HP Quality Center (UFT/QTP, ALM), Serena Business Manager.
• Experience with accessibility/ADA compliance testing for mobile apps.
• Experience testing mobile responsive/HTML5 websites.
• Experience with manual testing of web based applications, including black and gray box, functionality, usability, display, compatibility, and regression testing.
• Experience testing XML, DCL, relational databases/SQL.
• Experience working within an Agile development methodology.
Candidates must reside in-state or have firm Colorado relocation plans. Candidates must be authorized to work in the US. This position is not open to relocation assistance or telecommuting.
Markit on Demand, Inc. has been in business for almost 20 years. Headquartered at the base of the Rocky Mountains in Boulder, Colorado, Markit On Demand has over 400 employees that are focused on the design, development and hosting of financial web sites, reports, and tools. We deliver innovative, high quality products to help our clients and their customers visualize, manipulate and understand complex financial information. Our compelling, presentation-rich services for financial professionals and individual investors have won acclaim for our clients, many of whom rank at the top of the Gomez and Forbes awards. Our products are custom designed for each client, completely private-labeled, and fully integrated into the client’s other offerings.
Acquired by Markit in 2010, Markit On Demand has entered a promising and exciting business relationship and continues to grow and create new career opportunities for exceptional people who want to awaken their curiosity and strengthen their creative thinking and critical problem solving skills in a demanding, results oriented and client focused work environment. Markit is a leading, global financial information services company with over 2,300 employees. The company provides independent data, valuations and trade processing across all asset classes in order to enhance transparency, reduce risk and improve operational efficiency. Over 1,500 institutions use Markit’s independent services as clients - including investment banks, hedge funds, asset managers,central banks, regulators, rating agencies and insurance companies - providing round-the-clock support from offices in London, New York, Dallas, Toronto, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Singapore, Tokyo, Sydney, Calgary, Vancouver, Boulder, New Delhi, Chicago and Henley on Thames.
Markit On Demand offers a terrific working environment that creates an abundance of opportunities for motivated individuals. We possess a unique and compelling culture that is intellectually stimulating, encourages creativity and recognizes individual and team contribution. We offer a great benefits package including medical with HSA/FSA, dental, vision, 401K with Company Match, vacation and personal days, alternative transportation benefits and there really is an unlimited supply of chocolate!
Salary is based on experience. Markit On Demand is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We respectfully request no agency or recruiter inquiries or candidate submissions.